What we are doing
1. Developing interlinkages between global agendas
Understanding the range of interdependencies among the global agendas is key to unlocking their full potential, optimizing resources and leveraging resource development outcomes at every level of government, within the United Nations system and across all sectors and stakeholders. UN-Habitat is working to deliver this through:
- Creating a coherence among global agendas at the urban level;
- Enhancing Policy Coherence;
- Driving progress towards an integrated approach
2. Establishing an incremental & inclusive reporting system
Most of the reporting related to the New Urban Agenda draws on the system of indicators and data that are available from the 2030 Agenda monitoring framework are coordinated by the Statistics Division.
UN-Habitat is working to provide an incremental approach to reporting on the implementation of the New Urban Agenda, building on the Sustainable Development Goal global monitoring framework which is led by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs and the Statistics Division (UNDESA).
UN-Habitat is working to deliver this through:
- Providing a system to host user-friendly & participatory data platforms
- Reinforcing partners platforms for engagement, participation & partnership
- Establishing partnerships within the UN System.
Urban Agenda Platform
A one-stop shop for a knowledge hub with key resources, a best practice database, a learning and capacity development component, as well as tools for stakeholder engagement and participation. The implementation of the New Urban Agenda contributes to the localization of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in an integrated manner, and to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals and targets, including Goal 11 of making cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable. The platform provides a centralized, virtual reporting mechanism of the New Urban Agenda implementation and urban related SDGs.