Executive Board of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme First Meeting (resumed) will be held on 19 and 20 November 2019 in Conference Room 2, starting at 9.00 a.m. at United Nations offices at Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Notification of the Executive Director
- Proposed Provisional Agenda
- Membership of the Executive Board
- Seating arrangement
- Information for participants
- Daily journal
Notification of the Executive Director
Proposed Provisional Agenda
1. Opening of the resumed meeting.
2. Organizational matters:
(a) Adoption of the agenda;
(b) Proposed organization of work for the resumed meeting.
3. Financial, budgetary and administrative matters.
4. Approval of the annual work programme of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme and of the budget of the United Nations Habitat and Human Settlements Foundation for 2020.
5. Report on the implementation of the UN-Habitat strategic plan:
(a) Implementation of the 2014–2019 UN-Habitat strategic plan:
(i) Date of receipt of the 2019 annual report on the 2014–2019 UN-Habitat strategic plan;
(ii) Date of receipt of the final report on the full cycle of the 2014–2019
UN-Habitat strategic plan;
(iii) Date of receipt of the evaluation report on the full cycle of the 2014–2019
UN-Habitat strategic plan.
(b) Briefing on the preparations for the implementation of the 2020–2023 UN-Habitat strategic plan:
(i) Results framework;
(ii) Impact communication strategy;
(iii) Partnership strategy;
(iv) Typology of human settlement demands.
6. Briefing on the status of implementation of resolutions and decisions adopted during the first session of the UN-Habitat Assembly.
7. Briefing on the normative and operational activities of UN-Habitat.
8. Workplan for the Executive Board, including its Bureau meetings, for 2020.
9. Dates and provisional agenda for the second meeting of the Executive Board.
10. Other matters.
11. Closure of the meeting.
Notes: The provisional agenda for the resumed meeting of the Executive Board was recommended by the Bureau of the Executive Board at its meeting on 21 June 2019.
All participants of the First Executive Board Meeting (resumed) need to register online before the session. Online registration will close on Wednesday 13 November 2019 (midnight Nairobi time, EAT). On-site registration will begin at 8 am on Monday 18 November 2019 and will continue until Wednesday 20 November at 2 pm.
Please click on the Registration link below to register.
Pre-session documents are now available here. In-session and post-session documents will become available here during and after the session.
Bureau of the Executive Board of UN-Habitat
Composition of the Executive Board of the UN-Habitat (36 seats)
A. Africa (10 seats)
Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Nigeria, Senegal, Egypt, Morocco, Ethiopia, Kenya, Angola, Malawi
B. Asia-Pacific (8 seats)
Sri Lanka, Republic of Korea, China, Japan, India, Iran, Indonesia, Pakistan
C. Eastern Europe (4 seats)
Poland, Russian Federation, Serbia, Romania
D. Latin America and the Caribbean (6 seats)
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Mexico, Uruguay
E. Western Europe and Others (8 seats)
Canada, France, Sweden, Turkey, United States of America, Germany, Spain, Portugal
Information for Participants
- Organizations accredited to the first session of the UN-Habitat Assembly, 27 to 31 May 2019
- Non-governmental organizations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council