- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Total value of UN-Habitat investments (2008-2013): US$ 1,735,568
- Total number of UN-Habitat projects (2008-2013): 4 projects
- Main donors: Government of Mexico,municipalities such as Zapopan & Guadalajara, Government of Spain
- Implementing partners: ECLAC, the metropolitan zone of Guadalajara, the municipality of Zapopan, the Miguel Hidalgo “Delegacion”
In Mexico, UN-Habitat promotes sustainable urbanization in a country with 72% of its population living in urban areas, living in 383 cities with more than 15,000 inhabitants. The National Office in Mexico through continuous advocacy achieved to sensitize national policy makers and to include in the National Development Plan 2013-2018 (Plan Nacional de Desarrollo 2013-2018), which is the strategic tool of national policies guideline, prosperity as a main development principle.