- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UN-Habitat has been implementing Results-Based Management (RBM) since 2000. Preparation of this Handbook was made possible through the generous support of the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) during the period 2012-2015, for which UN-Habitat is very grateful. SIDA’s critical support enabled the organization to institutionalize RBM, including through training and development of systems and tools, as well as support to planning, monitoring, evaluation and implementation of projects and programmes.
The Handbook is intended to further strengthen and support UN-Habitat staff, management and partners’ understanding of what RBM is, and how its key pillars comprising planning, monitoring & reporting, evaluation and learning are implemented at strategic, programme and project levels.
Development of this Hand book was led by the Quality Assurance Unit, in the Management and Operations Division that is responsible for Programme Planning; Monitoring and Reporting; and Audit and Inspection. The Evaluation Unit contributed the section on evaluation and the Programme Division wrote the section on project planning and monitoring. All the contributions to this Handbook are greatly appreciated. Special thanks to Pacome Kossy who also coordinated the process. The core team comprised:
Asenath Omwega – Results-Based Monitoring and Reporting at strategic and programme levels.
Martin Barugahare and Susanne Bech – Results-Based Evaluation.
Pacome Kossy – Results-Based Planning at strategic and programme levels, Project Coordinator.
Rosa Muraguri-Mwololo – Project formulation, monitoring and management.
Stephen Macharia -Administrative Assistance.
Dorothy Mutizwa-Mangiza – Head, Quality Assurance Unit and RBM Coordinator in UN-Habitat and overall Project leader.