- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Greener Cities Partnership Blog
Politics and Participation in a Changing Environmental Context
by Isabel Wetzel and Junnan Mu. “Social animals like bees and ants build their habitat by instincts but humans don’t build their cities by instincts, but through political relationships with different stakeholders.” -Dr. Joan Clos In the...
- Posted February 6, 2017
Why are Greener Cities so relevant today?
by Isabel Wetzel and Junnan Mu. When talking about ‘Greener Cities’, we are referring to a sustainable urban future, an opportunity of allowing our next generations to have an environmentally sustainable habitat, to live with sustainable infrastructures...
- Posted December 19, 2016
"This blog is part of a series about the importance of Greener Cities and what we need to address to achieve them. This series is produced by the Greener Cities Partnership, a joint initiative between UN-Habitat and UN- Environment to strengthen environmental policy-making in cities. Here you can see all other articles of the series."