- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Greener Cities Partnership"
Promoting green urban space and historic neighborhoods in Chengdu, China
Chengdu, 13 April 2017 – UN-Habitat and UN-Environment, in collaboration with the Chengdu Municipal People’s Government, have started working on an assessment of the development plans for the city’s Greenbelt and Shaocheng District. The experts of both...
- Posted April 13, 2017
Greener Cities Partnership (UN-Habitat and UN Environment)
To advocate and promote environmental sustainability in urban development, and to mainstream environmental considerations into urban policy making, the United Nations Environment Programme and the United Nations Human Settlement Programme have jointly developed to the Greener Cities...
- Posted February 7, 2017
Politics and Participation in a Changing Environmental Context
by Isabel Wetzel and Junnan Mu. “Social animals like bees and ants build their habitat by instincts but humans don’t build their cities by instincts, but through political relationships with different stakeholders.” -Dr. Joan Clos In the...
- Posted February 6, 2017
Why are Greener Cities so relevant today?
by Isabel Wetzel and Junnan Mu. When talking about ‘Greener Cities’, we are referring to a sustainable urban future, an opportunity of allowing our next generations to have an environmentally sustainable habitat, to live with sustainable infrastructures...
- Posted December 19, 2016
Chengdu and UN-Habitat revive their environmental partnership
Nairobi, 12 September 2016 – A delegation from the municipality of Chengdu, located in the Sichuan region of China, visited the UN-Habitat headquarters to agree on a newly developed project. This project will be developed by the Greener...
- Posted September 12, 2016
Monitoring water use efficiency in Qazvin through City Prosperity Initiative
Geneva, 15 August 2016 – The Greener Cities Partnership (GCP) is to develop a list of recommended indicators that shall be added to the extended City Prosperity Initiative (CPI) framework to enhance the quality and depth of monitoring...
- Posted August 15, 2016
Greener Cities Partnership to monitor urban environmental SDG indicators in Qazvin, Iran
Nairobi, 1 August 2016 – The City Prosperity Initiative – Metropolitan Cities (CPI-MC) and the Greener Cities Partnership (GCP) recently launched an International Pilot Programme in the City of Qazvin to monitor Sustainable Development Goals with an...
- Posted August 1, 2016
UNEP and UN-Habitat Greener Cities Partnership
For over two decades, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat)) have worked together to advocate for and promote environmental sustainability in urban development The Greener Cities Partnership is...
- Posted June 12, 2014