Wednesday 23 February 2022 - Wednesday 8 March 2022
Size of grant: up to $20,000
Published on date: 23 February 2022
Submission Deadline Date and time: 8 March 2022, 05:00 PM, East Africa Time
UN-Habitat’s Global Public Space Programme is launching a call for proposals (CFP) to seek partnership in the implementation of innovative public space projects in Brazil, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Niger, Nigeria and South Africa. National and local authorities, non-profit organisations, as well as community-based organisations are invited to submit proposals which aim to achieve the following expected result:
- Influence cities to recognize the importance public space policies to protect and maximise public space areas.
- Effective creation, protection, design, and management of public spaces, particularly in disadvantaged communities in rapidly urbanizing cities and towns, as critical preconditions for poverty reduction and the fulfilment of human rights in urban areas.
- Re-build confidence about being out in urban and public spaces following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Increase public participation in public spaces’ planning and design processes.
Proposal must demonstrate that they contribute to the following outcome:
- Improved local policies, plans and designs for safe, inclusive, and accessible public spaces for all which supports more compact, better integrated and well connected, socially inclusive and resilient cities and neighbourhoods in partner cities.
Instructions to applicants
- Proposals received after the above deadline will not be considered.
- Proposals and accompanying documents submitted to a different email address will not be considered. Any clarification queries and correspondences should also be sent by email.
- Proposals failing to provide the requested information will be disregarded.
- Applicant’s proposal and accompanying documents must clearly indicate the CFP reference:
- All prices must be in USD
- Proposal language is English language. We also accept submissions in French and Spanish language.
- Email correspondence:
- Address the call for proposal response by email to the attention of Chiara Martinuzzi and Rizwan Kasmani
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- The email must quote the call for proposal reference in email subject: CFP/1-2022/PFES-GPSP
Project Key Information
- UN-Habitat project title: Small-scale public space implementation projects
- Country/territory: Brazil, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Niger, Nigeria and, South Africa.
- Anticipated start date: 1 June 2022
- Estimated duration of project in calendar months: 16 months
- Maximum proposed value in US$: $20,000 (United States Dollars Twenty Thousand)
- Lead Organization Unit: Planning, Finance and Economy section, Global Public Space Programme
Download key documents