- UN Environment, Yale University demonstrate how to make modern living...
- Sustainable Development Goal 11 Synthesis Report
- UN-Habitat-led SDG 11 report
- Call for Case Studies: Urban and Territorial Planning for Health
- Calling for applications: 2017 Dubai International Award for Best Practices
- Building Sustainable Communities: Leadership, Gender and the Environment Course
- Academy of Sustainable Urban Mobility (AoSUM)
- New Urban Agenda adopted at Habitat III
- Land Management and Informal Settlement Regularisation
- Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
Cities and Climate Change: Global Report on Human Settlements 2011 – Policy Directions – ABRIDGED
Cities and Climate Change reviews the linkages between urbanization and climate change, two of the greatest challenges currently facing humanity in the 21st Century, and whose effects are converging in dangerous ways. It illustrates the significant contribution of urban areas to climate change while at the same time highlighting the potentially devastating effects of climate change on urban populations. It reviews policy responses, strategies and practices that are emerging in urban areas to mitigate and adapt to climate change, as well as their potential achievements and constraints. In conclusion, the report argues that urban areas have a pivotal role in both climate change mitigation and adaptation and identifies strategies and approaches for strengthening this role.