- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UNACLA Report of activities 2015-2018
The United Nations Advisory Committee of Local Authorities (UNACLA) was established in 1999 by the Governing Council Resolution 17/18 as “an advisory body that would serve the purpose of strengthening the dialogue with local authorities from all over the world involved in the implementation of the Habitat Agenda”. UNACLA was created in the aftermath of Habitat II (1996) to materialize the special relation of local authorities as “our closest partners” as stated in the Istanbul Declaration.
The Secretariat of UNACLA is co-hosted by UN-Habitat and UCLG (United Cities and Local Governments), the major association of local governments, globally.