- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Time To Think Urban: UN-Habitat brochure 2013
There is a need for a holistic approach to urban development and human settlements which provides for affordable housing and infrastructure and prioritizes slum upgrading and urban regeneration. Government’s task for UN-Habitat is to promote an integrated approach to planning and building sustainable cities and urban settlements, support local authorities,increase public awareness and enhance the involvement of local people, including the poor, in decision making. ” Joan Clos, Executive Director UN-Habitat, 2013 DOWNLOAD: (4.399 Kb) Languages: English Themes: General Countries: Branch/Office: Advocacy, Outreach and Communications Branch