- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
- Country Programme Document 2018-2022 for Palestine Launched to Celebrate World...
- Global Urban Lectures – S05E01
- Season 5 of UN-Habitat Global Urban Lectures Launched
- Ms. Maimunah Mohd Sharif, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive...
- Kenya’s Garbage Hero wins the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour
- UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour award winners announced
- Barcelona Resilience Week to Inspire Action towards Sustainable Urban Resilience
Shelter Projects 2010
By the end of 2010, over 43 million people worldwide had been forcibly displaced due to conflict and persecution. In addition, during 2010, over 400 natural disasters were reported killing over 300,000 people and affecting more than 300 million people. This made it the second worst year since 1980. The corresponding scale of global shelter need has required a diversity of approaches that go beyond simple design solutions. Spanning humanitarian responses from over 100 years, Shelter Projects 2010 is the third annual compilation of shelter programmes.
The project summaries included aim to illustrate some of the project options available to organisations working in both post disaster and post conflict situations, as well as to support learning from the strengths and weaknesses of different projects. The focus of this book is on projects that maximise emergency response funds to support sustainable recovery.
DOWNLOAD: (16.889 Kb)
ISBN Series Number: – Not available –
HS Number: 010/12E
Series Title: Shelter Projects Series
Co-Publisher : UNHCR, The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Themes: Post conflict assessment and reconstruction, Risk Reduction and Rehabilitation , Urban Syria, Urban Syria