- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
SDG Goal 11 Monitoring Framework
In September 2015, the United Nations Sustainable Development Summit adopted a new framework to guide development efforts between 2015 and 2030, entitled “Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development”. The 2030 Agenda contains 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 targets. The SDGs address, in an integrated manner, the social, economic and environmental dimensions of development, their interrelations, aspects related to peaceful societies and effective institutions, as well as means of implementation (finance, technology, capacity development etc.).
UN-Habitat has prepared this “Monitoring Framework” as a guide to assist national and local governments in their efforts to collect, analyze, validate data and information in view of the preparation of country-based reports. This “Monitoring Framework” provides the use of necessary definitions, method of computation and metadata of indicators, including spatial indicators. It also includes global, national and local monitoring to support the implementation of SDG Goal 11 targets.