- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Participatory and Inclusive Land Readjustment (PILaR)
UN-Habitat has proposed a new approach for land readjustment called PILaR – Participatory and Inclusive Land Readjustment. The approach addresses many of the challenges of conventional land readjustment.
The approach also emphasizes early and consistent, but realistic, stakeholder participation to encourage community input and the ultimate ownership of the urban redevelopment.