The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the United Nations agency for human settlements. Based in Nairobi (Kenya), it is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. Established on 2002, through General Assembly Resolution A/56/206, UN-Habitat is the lead agency within the UN system for coordinating activities in the field of human settlement development. Since year 2014, UN-Habitat, together with the United Nations Development Programme, has been supporting the local implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
This call for expressions of interest invites potential Implementing Partners to undertake activities as broadly outlined below:
- generate new thinking about how SDG can be transformative in cities
- produce new training materials and identify experiences about how local governments are using Agenda 2030 as new planning instruments to improve public service delivery and public communication
- keep raising awareness and interest by cities in the SDGs and other global agendas.
The EOI should contain, but not be limited to the following:
- A concept note including background information and approach that will be applied to develop and implement the project;
- Experience of the organization in localizing the SDGs;
- The support/ contribution the organization is willing to make including, cash and in kind; (contribution in terms of staff time, possibility to create synergies with other on-going events and other support in cash and in-kind should be expressed in monetary terms)
- Governance and organizational structure; experience and qualifications of key professional staff and infrastructure facilities of the organization;
- Certified true copy of original Audited Account Statement for the last two years; and
- Latest annual report.
Upon selection UN-Habitat will enter into an Agreement of Cooperation with the selected entity. UN-Habitat will contribute financial resources to the tune of about $ 87,000 towards this Agreement of Cooperation.
The work outlined in this EOI is scheduled to commence in February 2020 and be completed by September 2020.
Submission Requirements and Guidelines
Expression of Interest must be delivered in electronic format no later than 7-February-2020 to diana.lopez (at) unhabitat.org
United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat)
P.O. Box 30030-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Please note that this EOI notice does not constitute a solicitation. UN-Habitat reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time in the Expressions of Interest/or solicitation process.
Submitting a reply to an EOI does not guarantee that a Cooperation Partner will be considered for receipt of the solicitation when issued and only Cooperation Partners who are deemed qualified by UN-Habitat upon completion of evaluation of submission, will receive the final solicitation document.