Call for expression of interest to provide training on strategic partnerships to raise funds from foundations and the private sector for urban development programmes
UN-Habitat supports countries in their efforts to achieve the urban dimensions of the sustainable development agenda by providing cutting-edge knowledge and policy advice, developing norms and standards, and providing technical assistance for country programmes. Our vision is to achieve a better quality of life for all in an urbanizing world.
The organization relies almost entirely on voluntary contributions from mainly from governments (almost 80%), local authorities, multi-donor trust funds, intergovernmental institutions, private sector and civil society. UN-Habitat seeks to increase and diversify its funding for its normative and operational work. The objective is to increase our current level of funding from USD200 million a year to USD 500 million a year, within a period of six years. To achieve this, the agency is looking to develop its resource mobilization skills and enhance the capacity of its staff, including in the area of partnering with the private sector and foundations.
UN-Habitat, therefore, invites Expressions of Interest from not-for-profit organizations or Governmental and Inter-Governmental organizations to provide the following:
- Prepare training materials for customized training on partnering with and raising funds the private sector and foundations for urban development programmes that have a minimum value of USD300,000. This includes partnerships with business, high net worth individuals, corporate and public foundations.
- Give up to four training workshops to selected staff within the organization on all aspects of building partnerships from finding the right partners, establishing and maintaining strategic relationships, developing proposals, negotiation, and communicating results.
Registered not-for-profit organizations, governmental or inter-Governmental organization with proven experience in providing fundraising courses are eligible to apply.
Your proposal should not exceed 4 pages and must include the following information.
- Name and contact details of the focal point in the institution.
- Short presentation of the institution.
- References: brief description of training / courses developed and delivered in the past that are relevant to this call.
- Topics of interest and approach proposed by the institution for this training.
How to Apply
Please send your proposal to email@example.com by 31 October 2019.