|Posting Title:||Fund Raising Trainer - Public Sector|
|Department/ Office:||United Nations Human Settlements Programme|
|Posting Period:||13 August 2019-11 September 2019|
|Job Opening number:||19--UN-HABITAT-121594-C-NAIROBI|
Result of Service
1. Staff with resource mobilization responsibilities have the necessary skills to carry out their work
2. Increase in level of funds raised from more public institutions
One week in each training location.
Duties and Responsibilities
UN-Habitat would like to increase the level of its funding, diversify its donor base so that it is able to increase its annual revenue from a level of USD200 million to USD 500 million within six years. The agency needs to improve skills including in the areas of strategic partnerships with national and local governments. This will entail, among other things, enhancing the capacity of staff with resource mobilization functions so that they have the necessary skills in all aspects of fundraising from planning, developing and maintain good donor relations, to writing compelling proposals and demonstrating the results of UN-Habitat’s work to achieve the goal of a better quality of life for all in an urbanizing world.
Under the supervision of OiC, Donor Relations and Income Management, the consultant will perform the following duties:-
1. Prepare training materials for customized training based on recent assessments of UN-Habitat’s resource mobilization function as well as strategic and operational needs.
2. Give training workshop to selected staff within the organization on
a) General aspects of resource mobilization including planning, target setting, donor mapping, relationship management, donor visibility, transparency and accountability, and demonstrating results and impact;
b) Specific aspects of building effective partnerships for sustainable urban programmes with public institutions including inter-governmental agencies as well as national and local governments – with a focus on major donors who support sustainable development work
3. Provide feedback on training including recommendations on areas of further training
Academic Qualifications: Degree in public relations, journalism, communications, business or similar subject. Certified Fund Raising Executive certification is required.
Experience: 1. At least 5 years’ experience in partnerships and resource mobilization with the public sector is required.
2. Experience in training staff in international organizations on resource mobilization is required.
Language: Fluency in English is required.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.