UN-Habitat's Flagship Programme 1 invites professional and amateur photographers worldwide to participate in a photo contest on the topic ‘Inclusive, Vibrant Neighbourhoods and Communities’. The participants are invited to submit images documenting the transformative capacity of urban regeneration to improve the quality of life, spatial equity, and diversity in neighbourhoods, communities and the wider city. The submission deadline is 19 June 2022.
Selected photos will be presented during the Eleventh Session of the World Urban Forum (WUF11) 26-30 June in Katowice, Poland.
Considering the WUF11 message – 'Transforming our Cities for a Better Urban Future’ and the principles of the Programme, the photo competition has two categories open for photos submissions.
Category 1 - improved urban area through urban regeneration.
Category 2 - urban area in decline and in need of urban regeneration.
- Winners of the contest will receive an award digital certificate award from the organiser partners.
- All the selected photos will be presented in a public exhibition during WUF11 and digitally on UN-Habitat social media and digital platform.
- Selected photos can be featured in future publications and the authors will receive full acknowledgment in the publication.
Launch of the call: 2 June 2022
Deadline for submission of photos: 19 June 2022
Announcement of winning and selected images for the exhibition: 24 June 2022
Instructions for participants
Photographers are invited to enter photographs representing two categories:
Category 1 - improved urban area through urban regeneration
Category 2 – urban area in decline and in need of urban regeneration
For details on each category, please consult the PDF link provided below.
Describe the story behind your photo.
Submitted photos should be accompanied with a description of no more than 150 words (English, French or Spanish) and the exact location. Add this description to the Participation Form below.
How to submit:
- Send a high-resolution photo(s) and the filled-in participation form to email@example.com
- Use the email subject line ‘Inclusive, Vibrant Neighbourhoods and Communities’
- Include the Category (1, 2) and the name of the location and city in the title of the photo.
- Participants from all over the world are kindly invited to submit their works.
- Participants are allowed to submit maximum 4 photos, the excess photos will not be considered but will participate in the competition only the first two couples.
- Participants must enter the Category (1, 2) and the name of the location and city in the title of the photo.
- Participants are asked to avoid inserting the face of underage subjects in their photos.
- Photo for Category 1 must be submitted in JPEG or TIFF in high resolution (at least 900px wide, 150dpi).
- Photos for Category 2 can be submitted in JPEG, JPG or PNG in good quality.
- The winners will be selected by a jury composed of members of UN-Habitat and the Flagship Programme 1.
The photo that will be exposed should be judged based on composition, responsiveness to the theme, originality and overall impact.
The author(s) of the photos also agrees to licensing all rights of the photos to UN-Habitat for its communication and dissemination purposes, check the section ‘Rights for Photos’ inside the PDF.
For further information, please send an email to this address firstname.lastname@example.org