- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Launch of Call for Targeted City Actions
Migration is a defining feature of urbanisation. Cities are places where people come together to live, work and find opportunities. It is also in the city where the reality of social and economic accommodation of newcomers and their interaction with host communities takes place.
In this context, the Mediterranean City-to-City Migration project (MC2CM), implemented by UN-Habitat, ICMPD, and UCLG, contributes to improved rights-based migration governance in cities. Through its three components: Dialogue, Knowledge and Action, MC2CM anchors migration governance to a process of urban planning addressing the objectives as set out in the MC2CM policy recommendations: Urban Challenges and Opportunities for the Mediterranean Region. MC2CM is in its second phase of implementation which began on 1 July 2018 and will run until 31 March 2021.
The MC2CM project team is pleased to share with you the MC2CM Call for Targeted City Actions. The call seeks to award Actions contributing to foster rights-based urban migration governance and advance social cohesion in the region, contributing to the implementation of the MC2CM Policy Recommendations in selected target countries (Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia).
- The Call for Targeted City Actions, including all relevant information
- The application form
- The budget template
The call will be open for applications until 27 March 2019. Applicants will be notified as of May 2019 for the Actions to start in July 2019.
We will hold two virtual information sessions on 18.02 (in English) and 21.02 in (French) to answer your questions. We also welcome any questions you have about the call in writing (French or English please) to the UN-Habitat Project Team focal Point: firstname.lastname@example.org