- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Nairobi is the headquarters duty station for the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) the United Nations agency mandated with ensuring better urban future by promoting socially and environmentally sustainable human settlements development and the achievement sustainable development goal 11 (SDG 11). Although the mandate of UN-Habitat is global, the agency has placed special emphasis on working for the benefit of the host country through contributing to Kenya’s development priorities in a variety of ways. UN-Habitat Regional Office in Africa (ROAf) located in Nairobi, Kenya, is supporting priorities of member states and governments to achieve sustainable urban development. Implementation of Kenya programmes is carried out within the ROAf.