- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
International Youth Day 2018 in Nairobi, Kenya
#SafeSpaces4Youth #YouthDay #MySafeSpace
Every year the 12th of August sees the commemoration of International Youth Day (IYD). The theme for International Youth Day 2018 is “Safe Spaces for Youth”. This year’s event will facilitate a dialogue on safe spaces between governments, UN agencies, academia, civil society, and -most importantly- youth groups, with the goal of offering practical solutions to the challenges of creating youth-friendly spaces.
The 2018 official commemoration will take place on the August 10th, 2018 in Nairobi. The event aims to promote youth engagement and empowerment by exploring the role of safe spaces in contributing to freedom of expression, mutual respect and constructive dialogue. The discussions will be focused on four major topics: civic spaces, public spaces, digital spaces, and youth-friendly physical spaces. Participate in the International Youth Day celebration and follow the conversation online to contribute and amplify youth voices, concerns, and ideas.
Participate in the Safe Space for Youth Campaign by reaching out to your youth partners and friends and encourage them to contribute to the campaign by posting on social media a photo or short video of their own safe space. Be sure to include the hashtags #YouthDay #SafeSpaces4Youth #MySafeSpace