- UN Environment, Yale University demonstrate how to make modern living...
- Sustainable Development Goal 11 Synthesis Report
- UN-Habitat-led SDG 11 report
- Call for Case Studies: Urban and Territorial Planning for Health
- Calling for applications: 2017 Dubai International Award for Best Practices
- Building Sustainable Communities: Leadership, Gender and the Environment Course
- Academy of Sustainable Urban Mobility (AoSUM)
- New Urban Agenda adopted at Habitat III
- Land Management and Informal Settlement Regularisation
- Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
The Twenty-sixth session of the Governing Council
The twenty-sixth session of the Governing Council of UN-Habitat took place from 8 – 12 May 2017, at the United Nations Offices in Nairobi, Kenya. This session of the Governing Council followed the adoption of the New Urban Agenda during the Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III) in Quito, Ecuador in October 2016.
The theme of the twenty-sixth session of the Governing Council (GC26) is as follows;
‘Opportunities for the effective implementation of the New Urban Agenda’
The sub-themes for the GC26 were as follows;
Sub-theme 1: ‘Towards inclusive, sustainable and adequate housing for a better future’
Sub-theme 2: ‘Synergies and financing for sustainable urbanization’
Sub-theme 3: ‘Integrated human settlements planning for sustainable urbanization’
Other key issues discussed at the twenty-sixth session include,
- The activities of UN-Habitat, including coordination matters
- Review of the Outcome of the third United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III)
- The work programme and budget of UN-Habitat for the biennium 2018-2019;
For detailed information click below.
Notification in English