- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
The Twenty-sixth session of the Governing Council
The twenty-sixth session of the Governing Council of UN-Habitat took place from 8 – 12 May 2017, at the United Nations Offices in Nairobi, Kenya. This session of the Governing Council followed the adoption of the New Urban Agenda during the Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III) in Quito, Ecuador in October 2016.
The theme of the twenty-sixth session of the Governing Council (GC26) is as follows;
‘Opportunities for the effective implementation of the New Urban Agenda’
The sub-themes for the GC26 were as follows;
Sub-theme 1: ‘Towards inclusive, sustainable and adequate housing for a better future’
Sub-theme 2: ‘Synergies and financing for sustainable urbanization’
Sub-theme 3: ‘Integrated human settlements planning for sustainable urbanization’
Other key issues discussed at the twenty-sixth session include,
- The activities of UN-Habitat, including coordination matters
- Review of the Outcome of the third United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III)
- The work programme and budget of UN-Habitat for the biennium 2018-2019;
For detailed information click below.
Notification in English