- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
The Twenty-sixth session of the Governing Council
The twenty-sixth session of the Governing Council of UN-Habitat took place from 8 – 12 May 2017, at the United Nations Offices in Nairobi, Kenya. This session of the Governing Council followed the adoption of the New Urban Agenda during the Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III) in Quito, Ecuador in October 2016.
The theme of the twenty-sixth session of the Governing Council (GC26) is as follows;
‘Opportunities for the effective implementation of the New Urban Agenda’
The sub-themes for the GC26 were as follows;
Sub-theme 1: ‘Towards inclusive, sustainable and adequate housing for a better future’
Sub-theme 2: ‘Synergies and financing for sustainable urbanization’
Sub-theme 3: ‘Integrated human settlements planning for sustainable urbanization’
Other key issues discussed at the twenty-sixth session include,
- The activities of UN-Habitat, including coordination matters
- Review of the Outcome of the third United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III)
- The work programme and budget of UN-Habitat for the biennium 2018-2019;
For detailed information click below.
Notification in English