- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
The Twenty-sixth session of the Governing Council
The twenty-sixth session of the Governing Council of UN-Habitat took place from 8 – 12 May 2017, at the United Nations Offices in Nairobi, Kenya. This session of the Governing Council followed the adoption of the New Urban Agenda during the Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III) in Quito, Ecuador in October 2016.
The theme of the twenty-sixth session of the Governing Council (GC26) is as follows;
‘Opportunities for the effective implementation of the New Urban Agenda’
The sub-themes for the GC26 were as follows;
Sub-theme 1: ‘Towards inclusive, sustainable and adequate housing for a better future’
Sub-theme 2: ‘Synergies and financing for sustainable urbanization’
Sub-theme 3: ‘Integrated human settlements planning for sustainable urbanization’
Other key issues discussed at the twenty-sixth session include,
- The activities of UN-Habitat, including coordination matters
- Review of the Outcome of the third United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III)
- The work programme and budget of UN-Habitat for the biennium 2018-2019;
For detailed information click below.
Notification in English