UN-Habitat’s Global Public Space Programme is launching a call for proposals (CFP) to seek partnership in the implementation of innovative public space projects in Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Mexico, Mongolia, Mozambique, Palestine, Peru, Senegal, South Africa, Syria and Vietnam. Local authorities and non-profit organisations are invited to submit proposals which aim to achieve the following expected result:
- The effective creation, protection, design and management of public spaces, particularly in disadvantaged communities in rapidly urbanizing cities and towns, as critical preconditions for poverty reduction and the fulfilment of human rights in urban areas.
Proposal must demonstrate that they contribute to the following outcome:
- Improved local policies, plans and designs for safe, inclusive and accessible public spaces for all which supports more compact, better integrated and well connected, socially inclusive and resilient cities and neighbourhoods in partner cities.
Project Key Information
- UN-Habitat project title: Global Public Space Programme
- Country/territory: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgystan, Lebanon, Mexico, Mongolia, Mozambique, Palestine, Peru, Senegal, South Africa, Syria and Vietnam
- Anticipated start date: 1 February 2020
- Estimated duration of project in calendar months: 11 months
- Maximum proposed value in US$: $100,000 (One Hundred Thousand)
- Lead Organization Unit: City Planning, Extension and Design Unit, Public Space Programme
Download key documents