Size of grant: up to $100,000
Published on date: 4 October 2019
Submission Deadline Date and time: 3 November 2019, 05:00 PM, East Africa Time
UN-Habitat’s Global Public Space Programme is launching a call for proposals (CFP) to seek partnership in the implementation of innovative public space projects in Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Mexico, Mongolia, Mozambique, Palestine, Peru, Senegal, South Africa, Syria and Vietnam. Local authorities and non-profit organisations are invited to submit proposals which aim to achieve the following expected result:
- The effective creation, protection, design and management of public spaces, particularly in disadvantaged communities in rapidly urbanizing cities and towns, as critical preconditions for poverty reduction and the fulfilment of human rights in urban areas.
Proposal must demonstrate that they contribute to the following outcome:
- Improved local policies, plans and designs for safe, inclusive and accessible public spaces for all which supports more compact, better integrated and well connected, socially inclusive and resilient cities and neighbourhoods in partner cities.
Instructions to applicants
- Proposals received after the above deadline will not be considered.
- Proposals and accompanying documents submitted to a different email address will not be considered. Any clarification queries and correspondences should also be sent to this email address.
- Proposals failing to provide the requested information will be disregarded.
- Applicant’s proposal and accompanying documents must clearly indicate the CFP reference: CFP/1-2019/CPEDU-PSP
- All prices must be in USD
- Proposal language is English language
- Email correspondence:
- Address the call for proposal response by email to the attention of Rizwan Kasmani
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email must quote the call for proposal reference in email subject: CFP/1-2019/CPEDU-PSP
Project Key Information
- UN-Habitat project title: Global Public Space Programme
- Country/territory: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgystan, Lebanon, Mexico, Mongolia, Mozambique, Palestine, Peru, Senegal, South Africa, Syria and Vietnam
- Anticipated start date: 1 February 2020
- Estimated duration of project in calendar months: 11 months
- Maximum proposed value in US$: $100,000 (One Hundred Thousand)
- Lead Organization Unit: City Planning, Extension and Design Unit, Public Space Programme
Download key documents