United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat)
“Program Support to Land Governance for Peace, Stability and Reconstruction in DR Congo Post Conflict through Community Participatory Land Use Planning in North Kivu, South Kivu and Ituri (DRC) – Phase 2016/2018 and other land governance and tenure initiatives”
Call for expression of Interest from local NGOs
DEADLINE for submissions: 22nd May 2017
DURATION: 1 year from June 2017 to May 2018
The Land and Global Land Tool Network (GLTN) Unit of UN Habitat is seeking Expression of Interest from qualified duly registered local (Democratic Republic of Congo, DRC) Nonprofit Organizations/ Universities for the implementation of the “Program Support to Land Governance for Peace, Stability and Reconstruction in DR Congo Post Conflict through Community Participatory Land Use Planning in North Kivu, South Kivu and Ituri (DRC) – Phase 2016/2018 and other land governance and tenure initiatives”.
Since 2009, UN-Habitat has been supporting implementation of a land program in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). In additional since 2012, in partnership with UN-Habitat Regional Office for Africa (ROAF) and the ministry of lands, the Land and GLTN Unit supports the land reform process in DRC, by particularly taking into consideration the dissemination of knowledge, the coordination of land actors including technical and financial partners and the implementation of pro-poor, gender and conflict sensitive land tools.
In January 2014, besides Uganda, DRC was identified as a priority country at the level of the Land and GLTN Unit country engagement. Currently, Land and GLTN Unit continues to work with UN-Habitat, the government, the land administration, the civil society and communities to capitalize experiences in terms of implementation of the normative and operational framework and the identification of areas of support by Land and GLTN Unit with regards to ongoing initiatives in provinces and in Kinshasa.
Land and GLTN Unit is supporting the implementation of the UN-Habitat Prograamme « Community Participatory Land Use Planning» in North Kivu, South Kivu and Ituri (DRC) – Phase 2016/2018 and other land governance and tenure related interventions in DRC, particularly with the view to: (i) Effective community participation to land use planning and management process ensured; (ii) Land tenure security for peaceful community and economic growth improved; (iii)Tools and systems to improve land governance, land use and management acquired and functional; ( iv) Land policies and reform influenced and enhanced; and (v) Capacity development on land governance, land use and tenure security improved.
Building on the pilot phase this assignment has two objectives:
- a) Reduce land disputes in selected conflict affected zones through an integrated approach of land use planning and management based on both ownership and participation of a variety of stakeholders and institutional key actors.
- b) To strengthen the value-addition of UN-Habitat (ROAf and Land and GLTN Unit) to on-going land governance and land reform efforts in DRC.
The Project will run for 1 year from June 2017 to May 2018.
The project targets areas are North Kivu, South Kivu and Ituri provinces (DRC) in DRC.
Requirements to submit the Expression of Interest
The Expression of Interest from interested local organizations should submit a cover letter and supporting contain the following:
- A concept paper comprising a detailed methodology, activities, tools and resource requirements, budget and timelines for delivery (10 pages max).
- A portfolio of the organization that includes the organizational profile (showed by brochure or website), a description of the projects within the scope of the EOI (land and natural resource governance), detailing experience of the organization in implementing similar projects (max 4 pages);
- A copy of constitution and/ or by- laws of the organization and a copy of the registration/ incorporation of the entity as applicable.
- A detailed list of completed projects including project description, clients, amount of award, implementation period;
- The CVs of the professional team to implement the project;
- Copies of statement of annual budget and annual reports of the previous 5 years;
- Copies of the two latest audited reports;
- Governance and organizational structure and proof of non-profit nature of the organization.
Expression of Interest must be delivered in electronic format no later than 22nd May 2017 to Mr. Danilo Antonio at the following email address: email@example.com
Disclaimer: Please note that this notice does not constitute a solicitation and UN‐Habitat reserves the right to change or cancel this project at any time in the process. Submitting a reply to an EOI does not guarantee that the submitting organization will be selected to carry out the implementation of the project.