- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Working with Parliamentarians , Strategy and Action
Parliamentarians are very important and vibrant partners of UN-HABITAT in promoting sustainable housing and urban development. They are the representatives of the people and pressure group on the government to set the priorities of national agenda and required budget for its implementation.
They are the law makers for better governance in their respective countries. This publication address all these issues including challenges in working with the parliamentarians based on UN-HABITAT experience. It discusses the strategy and necessary action to be taken to strengthen our partnership with the parliamentary associations so that they can promote the Habitat Agenda and support in achieving the MDG’s for a better world.
Submit your review