- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UN-Habitat Global Country Activities Report: 2015 – Increasing Synergy for Greater National Ownership
The UN-Habitat Global Activities Report formally the Operational Activities Report is an historical progress report to the Governing Council that takes into account the development made in addressing the UN-Habitat’s project portfolio at the national, regional and global levels. The Agency’s work has been more focused on promoting national urban policy reforms alongside building institutional and human capacities, and including helping and supporting the governments with the implementation of the national urban plans. UN-Habitat activities and programmes at the global, regional and national levels are crucial in increasing synergy for greater national ownership of the various sustainable urban development tools and best practices being promoted by the UN and the Habitat Agenda partners around the world.
This report of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat), the world’s leading authority on urban matters, demonstrates through some of its selected activities delivered by the thematic Branches and the Regional Offices in the last two years how working together as Habitat Agenda partners at different levels can achieve for the urban resident and more specially the urban poor and the most vulnerable members of the urban society being the youth, omen and the elderly who are always at the receiving end of the urban threats and challenges.
Submit your review