- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Solid Waste Management in the World’s Cities : Water and Sanitation in the World’s Cities 2010
In a rapidly urbanizing global society, solid waste management will be a key challenge facing all the world’s cities. This publication provides a fresh perspective and new data on one of the biggest issues in urban development. Using the framework of Integrated Sustainable Waste Management, the report presents unprecedented research from 22 cities across six continents.
It describes the rich diversity of waste management systems used throughout the world drawing out the practical lessons for policymakers. The volume is essential reading for all professionals and policymakers in the field and a valuable resource for researchers and students.
Submit your review