- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
Land, Environment and Climate Change , Challenges, responses and Tools
This publication provides an overview of some the most important land-related environmental and climate change problems that the world is facing.Land, Environment and Climate Change offers an overview of the relationship between land tenure, land management approaches and the environment.
This document identifies clear linkages between land, environment and climate change, moving from a scientific framework to a country level implementation framework. The implications this has in urban and rural areas are presented, and illustrated with 20 brief cases. This global overview of key environmental and climate change issues related to land use, land administration, land management and land tenure offers timely material and land tools for land professionals, environmental practitioners, and planners.
The publication identifies opportunities, gaps and priority research areas and critical land tools for action at local, sub-national, national, regional and global levels. Readers will find in this publication action-oriented suggestions for new research, land tool development, advocacy, resource mobilisation and coordination.
Submit your review