- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Water Operators’ Partnership Fact sheet between Morocco and France_EN
This WOPs is a peer-support arrangement between Office Nationale de l’Eau Potable et de l’Électricité (ONEE) Morocco and Syndicat Interdépartemental pour l’Assainissement de l’Agglomération Parisienne (SIAAP) France, carried out on a not-for-profit basis with the objective of strengthening operator capacity.
The WOP aimed at strengthening technical and organizational capacity of ONEE through knowledge sharing with SIAAP. During the first phase, the mentor provided technical support to the Moroccan utility as it was taking on its new sanitation mandate through training for technicians, engineers and managers. The second phase widened the scope of the partnership to include seven improvement tracks. Knowledge sharing now takes place through direct interaction between the respective technical departments of the two utilities. Self-facilitated and financed, the WOP progresses at its own pace, in response to the needs of the partners.