- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Water Operators’ Partnership Fact sheet between Morocco and France_EN
This WOPs is a peer-support arrangement between Office Nationale de l’Eau Potable et de l’Électricité (ONEE) Morocco and Syndicat Interdépartemental pour l’Assainissement de l’Agglomération Parisienne (SIAAP) France, carried out on a not-for-profit basis with the objective of strengthening operator capacity.
The WOP aimed at strengthening technical and organizational capacity of ONEE through knowledge sharing with SIAAP. During the first phase, the mentor provided technical support to the Moroccan utility as it was taking on its new sanitation mandate through training for technicians, engineers and managers. The second phase widened the scope of the partnership to include seven improvement tracks. Knowledge sharing now takes place through direct interaction between the respective technical departments of the two utilities. Self-facilitated and financed, the WOP progresses at its own pace, in response to the needs of the partners.