Urban Thinkers Sessions will be two-hour slots. Partners can request no more than two slots. Those will be allocated on the same day or on separate days. Applications should demonstrate their focus on the above criteria, with an aim to contribute to the global consensus.
The final deadline for Urban Thinkers Sessions applications is extended to 30 September 2014.
Open to all urban stakeholders
Urban Thinkers Sessions are open to all urban stakeholders, in particular:
- Local Authorities
- Civil Society Organizations
- Trade Unions
- Business and Industries
- Women’s Groups
- Children and Youth
- Indigenous People.
Focus of Urban Thinkers Sessions
Urban Thinkers Sessions should focus on:
- Debating challenges and issues since Habitat II;
- Agreeing on policies and principles that will address them;
- Proposing solutions towards inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable cities;
- Summarizing views and proposalsin an outcome Statement which will articulate a joint ‘City We Need’ approach to feed into the New Urban Agenda. This statement will be used to guide dialogue in both the Plenary Session and the Drafting Session.