- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Urban Impact – Issue 02
On this edition of Urban Impact, you will read about how UN-Habitat is supporting access to clean water for citizens of Hargeisa (Somaliland), Somalia, through the establishment of a new water system as well as constructing a new water supply and storm drainage system for the citizens of Kanyama, the largest informal settlement in Zambia. Our efforts in post-conflict and disaster recovery continue. In Sri Lanka we continued to provide technical support for the construction of pre-school facilities.
Building these facilities has been key to restoring and re-uniting families affected by years of civil conflict. In Haiti, our teams have developed a long-term strategic plan for the northern area of metropolitan Port-au-Prince in our efforts to restore stability following the terrible earthquake in 2010.