- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Urban Impact – Issue 02
On this edition of Urban Impact, you will read about how UN-Habitat is supporting access to clean water for citizens of Hargeisa (Somaliland), Somalia, through the establishment of a new water system as well as constructing a new water supply and storm drainage system for the citizens of Kanyama, the largest informal settlement in Zambia. Our efforts in post-conflict and disaster recovery continue. In Sri Lanka we continued to provide technical support for the construction of pre-school facilities.
Building these facilities has been key to restoring and re-uniting families affected by years of civil conflict. In Haiti, our teams have developed a long-term strategic plan for the northern area of metropolitan Port-au-Prince in our efforts to restore stability following the terrible earthquake in 2010.