- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UN-Habitat Environmental and Social Safeguards System (ESSS)
The ESSS defines the environmental and social objectives and principles that apply to all projects and to the staff that work on those projects. The safeguard standards guide management of the environmental and social risks and impacts so that the full sustainable development benefits from the project are realized.
The management procedures provide guidance in four areas: project screening and categorization; impact assessment and management measures; monitoring, evaluation and reporting; and, staff responsibilities. The external communication procedures are also described for the benefit of our stakeholders and staff members.