- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UN Habitat Climate Change Strategy 2014-2019
The purpose of the present Climate Change Strategy (2014-19) is to guide UN-Habitat in the mainstreaming of adaptation to and mitigation of climate change in all of its work. This reflects the designation of climate change as one of several cross-cutting issues at UNHabitat, per the Agency’s Strategic Plan (2014-19).
The present document serves as an update to the Agency’s first Climate Change Strategy, which covered the period from 2010 to 2013. The updated Strategy, designed to fit UN-Habitat of today and tomorrow, reflects lessons learned from the previous implementation experience, while responding to emerging trends and upcoming events in the international arena.