- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
- Country Programme Document 2018-2022 for Palestine Launched to Celebrate World...
- Global Urban Lectures – S05E01
- Season 5 of UN-Habitat Global Urban Lectures Launched
- Ms. Maimunah Mohd Sharif, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive...
- Kenya’s Garbage Hero wins the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour
- UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour award winners announced
- Barcelona Resilience Week to Inspire Action towards Sustainable Urban Resilience
The UN-Habitat Secretariat
The UN-Habitat Secretariat is the executive organ of UN-Habitat. It services the Governing Council and acts as the focal point for all human settlement matters within the United Nations system. Under the direction of the Executive Director, it is entrusted with the responsibilities set out in both Resolution 32/162 and in paragraph 228 of the Habitat Agenda.
It designs, implements, manages, and monitors UN-Habitat’s human settlements development programmes and provides the Governing Council with strategic recommendations.
It is also mandated to carry out research activities and to facilitate the exchange of information, knowledge, and best practices on urbanization questions such as global trends, effective approaches, and new technologies.