- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
The Future We Want. The City We Need.
This document is a collective contribution of committed partners united by shared goals and a common vision of the city for the 21st century. It sets key principles and establishes essential paths for building a New Urban Agenda towards the Habitat III Conference.
The Campaign partners are questioning what direction global urban development will take in the coming 20 years, and what shall guide governments, their partners, and the international community to prepare for the urban future. They need to provide pertinent answers as the 20-year anniversary of the Habitat Agenda looms, and while critical urban trends lead to increased segregation, inequality, and environmental degradation, making the urban agenda a global priority.