- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
- Country Programme Document 2018-2022 for Palestine Launched to Celebrate World...
- Global Urban Lectures – S05E01
- Season 5 of UN-Habitat Global Urban Lectures Launched
- Training on Innovative Approaches to Deliver Affordable Housing Options in Asia:...
The Eleventh Session of the World Urban Forum WUF11 in 2022
By 2050, the world’s urban population is expected to nearly double, making urbanization one of the twenty-first century’s most transformative trends. The World Urban Forum aims to gather participants to discuss and readdress the way cities and human settlements are planned, designed, financed, developed, governed and managed in a city that is globally recognized for its innovation and urban solutions in sustainable development. The Forum will explore ways and provide insights and lesson that will promote and contribute to inclusive development in all parts of the world and the implementation of the New Urban Agenda.
OBJECTIVE OF THE FORUM
The World Urban Forum has the following objectives:
- raise awareness of sustainable urbanization among stakeholders and constituencies, including the general public;
- improve the collective knowledge of sustainable urban development through inclusive open debates, sharing of lessons learned and the exchange of best practices and good policies; and
- increase coordination and cooperation between different stakeholders and constituencies for the advancement and implementation of sustainable urbanization
- platform to incorporate the inputs of multilateral organizations and stakeholders into the reporting of the implementation of the New Urban Agenda
The Eleventh session of the World Urban Forum will also contribute to global mobilization towards advocating for the common vision on sustainable urban development and advancing on the achievement of the Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals.
BID PROCESS AND TIME FRAME
The closing date for receiving of the Expression of Interest for WUF11 is 30 July 2018. The table below outlines the time frame of important dates for the complete bidding process.
Opening of the Call for expression of interest
30 April 2018
Deadline for receiving expressions of interest
30 July 2018
Follow up with the potential hosts (only with expressions of interest received within set deadline) and provision of the bidding procedure and guidelines
30 July to 15 September 2018
Deadline for receiving bidding proposals
1 December 2018
1 December 20 18 –
Announcement of selected WUF11 host city/country
Signing of Host Country Agreement and Conference Agreement
Starting of preparations for WUF11
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
A city wishing to express its interest to officially host the Eleventh session of the World Urban Forum (WUF11) is required to send an official communication (on letter head and with signature) to the UN-Habitat WUF Unit, addressed to the UN-Habitat Executive Director, Maimunah Mohd Sharif, within the above mentioned deadline to the following NEW email address: email@example.com
Download the Call for expression of interest here.
For any clarifications on the call for expression of interest, please contact the UN-Habitat WUF Unit at the NEW email address above.
Please note: Any submission for the call for expression of interest which is not of official nature or is received after the deadline will not be considered.