- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Sudan – Urban Basic Services
The HCPD provide capacity building and technical support to promote durable solutions for local service delivery and infrastructure development Capacities of state and local authorities were reinforced and gender-balanced stakeholders’ participation promoted for regional and urban planning in Darfur’s five states and Blue Nile state. Specifically human and technical capacity of local authorizes was built in the fields of planning concepts, techniques and tools, as well as in using Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and conducting surveys. The skills acquired through training have facilitated a smooth and effective participation of the stakeholders in the formulation of the regional plan. Women participation has reached a 40% share in the training which is significant under a situation of cultural sensitivity.