- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Revitalization and Upgrading of the Central Zone of Khedive’s Cairo
This report is one of the deliverables required for the International Restricted Competition for the Revitalization and Upgrading of Khedive’s Cairo. This stage of work will be followed by a competition for the design of both Ataba and Opera Squares. The competition in hand is intended for reaching the best proposals for the project of “Revitalization and Upgrading of the Central Zone of Khedive’s Cairo”.
This report is considered as an initial study to define a vision for the Khedive’s Cairo based on a preliminary ananlyisis of the site and its potential. According to the vision and elements of the vision, strategies will be defined leading to specific projects. This report will be the start defining the gaps and the main directions that can be driven forward with more detailed studies in the next phase.