- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Revitalization and Upgrading of the Central Zone of Khedive’s Cairo
This report is one of the deliverables required for the International Restricted Competition for the Revitalization and Upgrading of Khedive’s Cairo. This stage of work will be followed by a competition for the design of both Ataba and Opera Squares. The competition in hand is intended for reaching the best proposals for the project of “Revitalization and Upgrading of the Central Zone of Khedive’s Cairo”.
This report is considered as an initial study to define a vision for the Khedive’s Cairo based on a preliminary ananlyisis of the site and its potential. According to the vision and elements of the vision, strategies will be defined leading to specific projects. This report will be the start defining the gaps and the main directions that can be driven forward with more detailed studies in the next phase.