- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
QUICK GUIDE for participatory, city-wide slum upgrading: Supporting national and city-wide slum upgrading and prevention through national urban policy
This quick guide provides urban decision makers with the key messages and actions as to why a National Urban Policy is an
important process and outcome to support improvements to the lives of slum dwellers. In particular, the document outlines how a National Urban Policy supports the development of national and city-wide slum upgrading strategies. A National Urban Policy can help promote a positive mind-set towards slum dwellers and thus set a an inclusive and ‘pro-poor’ tone for subsequent legislation, regulation and planning frameworks.