- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
QUICK GUIDE for participatory, city-wide slum upgrading: Supporting national and city-wide slum upgrading and prevention through national urban policy
This quick guide provides urban decision makers with the key messages and actions as to why a National Urban Policy is an
important process and outcome to support improvements to the lives of slum dwellers. In particular, the document outlines how a National Urban Policy supports the development of national and city-wide slum upgrading strategies. A National Urban Policy can help promote a positive mind-set towards slum dwellers and thus set a an inclusive and ‘pro-poor’ tone for subsequent legislation, regulation and planning frameworks.