The Public Space Profile forms a policy-driven overview of the current practice of public space development and management in the Municipality of Pristina as well as profiling of the public space supply and quality at the city scale. The profile addresses a number of aspects with regard to the institutional, technical and human dimension of Pristina public space, including:
- The current development and management processes of public space, looking at the entire spatial planning cycle, steps and the applied methodological tools;
- A brief overview of the legal framework and the relevant municipal mechanisms that support public space development processes at the local level;
- A stakeholder analysis, with a focus on the municipal organizational setup, supporting municipal partners as well as the civil society organizations and citizens;
- A brief analytical glance at the municipal spatial planning documents, projects and initiatives for public space development;
- A baseline analysis of public space supply and quality in the city of Pristina against various parameters among others accessibility, comfort, safety but also the perception by users.
Derived analysis and the respective findings support a set of recommendations, which can pave the ground for a future citywide policy on public space development and management, including maintenance