The project aims to address the capacity building needs of municipal and city leaders in relation to localizing and monitoring SDGs, integration of the main principles of the New Urban Agenda in national and local urban development policies by helping them be better equipped with knowledge, tools and lessons learnt from different parts of the world. The project is sponsored by Gangwon Province Government, Republic of Korea and is implemented in close collaboration with the International Urban Training Centre (IUTC).
The project’s main target group are the senior decision and policy makers, urban management and development practitioners from Asian cities who have direct responsibilities for the planning, design, finance, implementation and management of sustainable urban development policies, programs and projects. The project also aims for diversity and support those who work in private and academic institutions, as well as NGOs.
"Thank you very much for your mail and for all those experiences you gave us which is not enough to change the thing within a minute but it was enough to change our way of thinking. All those things which we learnt there, will try our best to use in our country."
Om Kumar Sah, Structural Engineer, Lalitpur Metropolitan City, GoN Lalitpur, Nepal
Related Sustainable Development Goals
Donors and partners
UN-Habitat works closely with IUTC and the project partners to implement the annual work plan and training programmes, including:
• Regional international training courses for Asian city leaders on the topics related to sustainable urban development;
• In country training courses;
• Follow-up, seed money projects;
• Allumni network, promotion of IUTC programme at international key events
• Steering committee meeting
• Development of new training materials such as training companion, lessons-learnt and experiences from Asia in urban development;
• IUTC business model development for the next phase.