Don't Miss >
- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
UN-Habitat is structured in three main bodies:
- the Governing Council (GC), whose role is to set the major strategic and policy directions for UN-Habitat and approve its programmes and budget,
- the UN-Habitat Secretariat – the executive body of the organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya – whose task is to ensure the execution of the Governing Council’s decisions and to translate them into specific strategies and programmes,
- and the Committee of Permanent Representatives (CPR), which ensures that the Governing Council’s decisions are enacted by the Secretariat within the set framework.