Don't Miss >
- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UN-Habitat is structured in three main bodies:
- the Governing Council (GC), whose role is to set the major strategic and policy directions for UN-Habitat and approve its programmes and budget,
- the UN-Habitat Secretariat – the executive body of the organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya – whose task is to ensure the execution of the Governing Council’s decisions and to translate them into specific strategies and programmes,
- and the Committee of Permanent Representatives (CPR), which ensures that the Governing Council’s decisions are enacted by the Secretariat within the set framework.