- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
One UN solutions for Cities and Climate Change. The new climate agreement and the new urban agenda
Date: 8 December 2015, 18:30 – 20:00
Venue: Le Bourget COP21 Venue, Blue Zone, Room 4
The world will come together in Paris in December 2015 to finalize a new climate agreement for 21st century. Similarly, a new urban agenda will be decided in Quito in October 2016 at the third UN Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urbanization (Habitat III).
Given the importance of cities for mitigation of, and adaptation to climate change, and the importance of low-carbon development and resilience for sustainable urbanization – it is imperative that these two defining trends, urbanization and climate change are coherently addressed.