- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
One UN solutions for Cities and Climate Change. The new climate agreement and the new urban agenda
Date: 8 December 2015, 18:30 – 20:00
Venue: Le Bourget COP21 Venue, Blue Zone, Room 4
The world will come together in Paris in December 2015 to finalize a new climate agreement for 21st century. Similarly, a new urban agenda will be decided in Quito in October 2016 at the third UN Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urbanization (Habitat III).
Given the importance of cities for mitigation of, and adaptation to climate change, and the importance of low-carbon development and resilience for sustainable urbanization – it is imperative that these two defining trends, urbanization and climate change are coherently addressed.