- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Local Economic Development in Practice
LED can lead to economic solutions that ‘fit’ the local areas – that is, that build on local assets and strengths, involve local people and build capacity, and have greater buy in from the community ( a key component to ongoing viability of the project).
While LED has been around for many years, it is building momentum as local areas look to drive their own economic development, and find solutions that make sense where they live. This ‘workbook’ includes 5 primers, or tools, to help jump-start LED ideas in your community.