- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Lebanon Updates Newsletter
Since 2007, UN-Habitat has been adopting a community based approach through establishing Regional Technical Offices (RTOs) at the level of Unions of Municipalities (UoMs).
The RTO is a unit performing under the mandate of the Union of Municipalities, and comprises motivated local experts and technical persons. The unit aims at mobilizing public and civil local actors to collectively address local needs based on available resources.
The RTO is a tool that aims to strengthen local governance, enhance service delivery, and mainstream planned interventions.