- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Human Rights Day
Overview of UN-Habitat activities in the month of December related to Human Rights Day
UN-Habitat will celebrate the occasion of Human Rights Day on the 10th of December 2015 with various events throughout the month of December. These events are internal to UN-Habitat staff, and are designed to share knowledge and experience on best practices and opportunities for collaboration related to human rights mainstreaming in UN-Habitat’s programmes and projects.
- Colleagues are invited to attend training sessions on the Human Rights-Based Approach to sustainable urban development, carried out in collaboration with the Capacity Development Unit. (December 1)
- Colleagues are invited to stop by the Cross-cutting Lab anytime on this day between 10 – 12 and 14 – 16 with specific questions or requests for guidance related to their portfolio. (December 2)
- Colleagues are invited to attend a presentation from 1430 – 1530 of the UN-Habitat publication entitled “Right to Adequate Housing for Persons with Disabilities”. (December 3)
- Colleagues are invited to attend a lunch hour cross-cutting Brown Bag on Human Rights in Cities from 13 – 14. (December 9)
On Human Rights Day, colleagues are invited to attend a one hour information session from 1430 – 1530 related to forced evictions. (December 10)
Click here to download the calendar.
Click here to view the December Newsletter.
Click here to download the Info Graphics.
Click here to download the Executive Director’s message.