- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Human Rights Day
Overview of UN-Habitat activities in the month of December related to Human Rights Day
UN-Habitat will celebrate the occasion of Human Rights Day on the 10th of December 2015 with various events throughout the month of December. These events are internal to UN-Habitat staff, and are designed to share knowledge and experience on best practices and opportunities for collaboration related to human rights mainstreaming in UN-Habitat’s programmes and projects.
- Colleagues are invited to attend training sessions on the Human Rights-Based Approach to sustainable urban development, carried out in collaboration with the Capacity Development Unit. (December 1)
- Colleagues are invited to stop by the Cross-cutting Lab anytime on this day between 10 – 12 and 14 – 16 with specific questions or requests for guidance related to their portfolio. (December 2)
- Colleagues are invited to attend a presentation from 1430 – 1530 of the UN-Habitat publication entitled “Right to Adequate Housing for Persons with Disabilities”. (December 3)
- Colleagues are invited to attend a lunch hour cross-cutting Brown Bag on Human Rights in Cities from 13 – 14. (December 9)
On Human Rights Day, colleagues are invited to attend a one hour information session from 1430 – 1530 related to forced evictions. (December 10)
Click here to download the calendar.
Click here to view the December Newsletter.
Click here to download the Info Graphics.
Click here to download the Executive Director’s message.