- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
House Prices, Changing the City World
Today’s world is undergoing fundamental changes. On one hand, globalization is reaching a new level despite some ups and downs, emerging economies represented by China are growing rapidly and the global landscape has experienced and will continue to see more changes to come. On the other, technology innovation is striving to come up with breakthroughs; it has changed and will continue to reshape the forms and landscape of global economy. In the 21st century, cities have become the mainstream carrier and platform for human activities. Globalization, technology innovation and changes into the global economic landscape will determine the future of global cities and urban system. Therefore, studying the development environment, living environment, competitiveness and sustainable development of global cities and urban system, and accordingly proposing innovative theories and countermeasures, will mean a lot for improving the business environment and living environment in cities, promoting urban prosperity, reducing urban poverty, and increasing the benefits of urban residents on a global scale.