Urban Solutions Expo
The UN-Habitat Assembly
The UN-Habitat Assembly is the world’s highest level decision-making body on urbanization. All 193 member states of the UN are members. The Assembly is expected to make decisions and pass resolutions that will frame the global urbanization agenda, look at major trends, norms and standards related to human settlements and sustainable urbanization and advise on the implementation of the New Urban Agenda, the Sustainable Development Goals and other global agendas. The Assembly will meet every four years.
The first session of the UN-Habitat Assembly will take place on 27 – 31 May 2019 and will attract over 2,000 international delegates.
The theme is “Innovation for a better quality of life in Cities and Communities” with the sub theme: “Accelerated implementation of the New Urban Agenda towards achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals”
An Urban Solutions Expo promoting innovative and sustainable solutions for the challenges facing cities and communities will take place in support of the theme. UN-Habitat invites governments, local authorities, UN agencies, international organizations, private sector, civil society, academia and other stakeholders to present innovative projects, establish connections and look at how we can reshape the future of our cities and communities.
Reasons to Exhibit
- Promote projects and products at the world’s highest-level decision-making body on sustainable urbanization.
- Reach a global audience
- Create new partnerships with key decision makers.
- Network delegates from around the globe.
- Enhance brand awareness and gain media exposure
- Acquire expert knowledge from global thought leaders.
The Expo will comprise:
- Exhibition booths for showcasing projects, best practices and projects. Interested exhibitors can apply for a booth through the UN Habitat Assembly website and will be selected based on the following criteria:
- The proposed solution must address one of the sub-themes of the assembly;
- Adequate regional and gender representation.
- Networking and informal discussion spaces.
- An Urban Tech and Innovation Tent showcasing frontier technologies and cutting-edge initiatives.
How to apply for exhibition space
Please review the Exhibition Guidelines, to apply for exhibition space, you will be required to fill an online registration. Once you select “Exhibitor” as your capacity at the meeting, you will be prompted to fill in information on the nature and content of your exhibition and other requirements.
Download the Portuguese Exhibition Guidelines
Download the Spanish Exhibition Guidelines
The deadline for application is: 19 April 2019