Please find here the Press Kit on the Habitat III conference
Press Kit United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development Habitat III – Quito 2016
Media Invitation PrepCom2 and UN-Habitat GC - 13 April 2015
Media Invitation Press Briefing on Habitat III - 26 January 2015
PR - The New Urban Agenda will be decided in Quito - 19 December 2014
Media at the PrepCom2
Daily Media Advisory PrepCom2
- MONDAY, 13 April 201513:30 – Press Conference on PrepCom2 for Habitat III and UN-Habitat Governing Council. Media Centre.10:00 to 17:00 - General Assembly of Partners. Conference Room 2.
- TUESDAY, 14 April 20159:00 - Morning Press Briefing. Media Centre.10:00 - Opening Plenary. Conference Room 2.
- WEDNESDAY, 15 April 20159:00 - Morning Press Briefing. Media Centre.12:00 - Presentation of the General Assembly of Partners. Media Centre.15:00 - Local Authorities Towards Habitat III. Media Centre. Find more information here
- THURSDAY, 16 April 20159:00 - Morning Press Briefing. Media Centre.9:15 to 12:00 – Urban Journalism Academy (Part 1). Media Centre.12:30 to 13:00 - Press Briefing on the World Urban Forum 9. Media Centre13:30 to 14:30 - Side Event on 'Media and Habitat III' - Urban Journalism Academy (Part II). Media Centre15:00 - Closing Plenary. Conference Room 2.
Daily Media Advisory_PrepCom2 as pdf
Urban Journalism Academy PrepCom2
- Thursday, 16 April 2015, 08:30 - 14:30
The Urban Journalism Academy is a pioneering and innovative initiative to train journalists and media professionals who are already interested or involved in urban development with reference to social, economic and economic issues facing cities in the 21st Century.
Download the programme of the Urban Journalism Academy here
Media Accreditation PrepCom2
All media interested to attend the upcoming Second session of the Preparatory Committee must be accredited.
There will be a dedicated media desk in the accreditation area. Please report directly to this desk.
Anyone wishing to attend as media must show the following items:
- A recognised national or international press association card
- A corresponding national identification card
For freelance journalists or those unable to provide item 1 above, please also provide:
- Two (2) examples of their work from the last 12 months, AND
- A letter on headed paper from their place of employment outlining their role, OR
- For freelance journalists, a letter from a recognised media organisation outlining their intention to consider the material gathered for broadcast.
Although, on the spot registration will be considered, journalists are STRONGLY recommended to register in advance by sending scanned copies of the above documents to Habitat3Secretariat@un.org to avoid delays and disappointments at the gate.
Please note: journalists with an existing UNON media groundpass WILL be required to register for Prepcom2 to gain access to the meeting rooms. The UNON groundpass and corresponding national ID will be sufficient for registration as media.
Members of the Press Team will escort media from the main gate to the Press Centre for orientation and information.
Find all UN Web TV videos on the Habitat III PrepCom1 and PrepCom2 here
Habitat III Secretariat +254 (0) 772 861 588 Habitat3Media@un.org www.Habitat3.org #Habitat3