- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Habitat III is the United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development, to take place in Quito, Ecuador, from 17 – 20 October, 2016.. This was decided in General Assembly Resolution 66/207 and 69/226. Resolution 67/216 decided on modalities, preparatory activities and format of the conference. Resolution 69/226 decided on host-country and dates of the third session of the Preparatory Committee and the Conference.
Habitat III offers Member States an opportunity to discuss a New Urban Agenda that will focus on policies and strategies that can result in effectively harnessing the power and forces behind urbanization.